Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.
Introductory Information for New Scouts
Seeking Adventure. Training for Life.
- Troops meetings are Monday evenings, at 7pm, in the Fellowship Hall at Grace First Presbyterian Church, 3955 Studebaker Road, Long Beach, 90808. Meetings usually end at about 8:30pm, but sometimes may be extended a bit due to the amount of business that needs to be covered.
- Each Scout pays $1.00 dues per meeting and is collected by the Patrol Scribe during “Patrol Corners”.
- Our Scoutmaster is John Douglas. He has many years of Scouting experience and is always available to assist a Scout or Scouting parent. His email is Scoutmaster@troop212.net and his cell phone number is 310-628-4312.
- Our Parent Committee Meetings are held monthly, the first Monday of each month, except on certain holiday weekends. Consult our Calendar located here on our web site.
- Our local Scout Council office H.Q. is located at 401 East 37th Street in Long Beach, between Atlantic Avenue and Long Beach Blvd. The phone number is 562-427-0911.
- If this exciting program is something you want your son to become a part of, your first step is to visit one of our troop meetings. See the Troop Advancement Chairperson for an application form. The best time to join and become active in our troop is February.
- When the application form is completed, your return it to either the Scoutmaster, or the Troop Advancement Chairperson with an application check in the amount of $40 made out to “BSA Troop 212” This check covers the first years BSA registration fees, some basic insurance coverage, one year of Boys Life Magazine and one Troop 212 t-shirt,